At first i was worried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessShelby

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
St. Louis MO
I was kinda worried at first when Shelby was not being very active and just burrowing herself and staying there for hours at a time. Now she is doing much better i adjusted the heat so that she is more active and have figured out what her favorites to eat are. She now is very active and as soon as i come in the door from work she is looking around for me. She loves to take her baths and although at first she was kinda shy seems to be adjusting to me and my family really well. This is defiantly the best decision I've made in a long while. She also has no fear of the dog and its very unique to watch them interact through her enclosure wall. (Always supervised of course.)

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Awesome! Where/when did you get your Russian? Got any pics to share?

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
She has no fear of the dog because she doesn't realize the dog sees her as a chew toy. Glad you're supervising them. Things can go wrong very quickly between torts and dogs.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Good news! They really are unique pets.

Glad there is a barrier between your tort and the dog. Russians are fearless, but sometimes they should be!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
That's wonderful news! Thanks for the update! (and good that you're supervising dog/tort time... one of the torts I rehabilitated had been chewed on by a dog).

Status
Not open for further replies.