Austin Texas Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrux

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
Wow, wish I could take him! I just don't have a place set up right now for a large tortoise during cold months.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
jtrux said:
Wow, wish I could take him! I just don't have a place set up right now for a large tortoise during cold months.

aw c'mon man! keep him inside! He's just right down the street from you!

That is one big boy there!

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
I have everything except the windowed shed. I have a Rubbermaid shed that houses my 2 25#s Sullies but is doesn't have a window. I have heat lamps that keeps them at 80s. This week I moved it into my garage d/t 30's night temps and they still stay at 80s. The shed couldn't support an air conditioner.. So bummed.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I'm pretty sure if you talked to them and told them what you had for a set up they reconsidered. I'm betting they just don't want to see it go to a complete noob.

And yea right Greg. I can't imagine what my gf would say if she came home and that was cruising through the living room!

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
BodaTort1 said:
I have everything except the windowed shed. I have a Rubbermaid shed that houses my 2 25#s Sullies but is doesn't have a window. I have heat lamps that keeps them at 80s. This week I moved it into my garage d/t 30's night temps and they still stay at 80s. The shed couldn't support an air conditioner.. So bummed.

If you'd like to have him, you should call. You have a great setup already and frankly there is no need for an A/C unit for torts here in Houston. We have ideal temps and humidity 9 months out of the year.

"I can't imagine what my gf would say if she came home and that was cruising through the living room! " Too funny, that might be the end of the gf for you!

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Hey Jtrux if you did get that big guy at least you won't be alone when your GF dumps you!! Haha. I can just imagine my husbands face seeing a tort that big walking around the house with white carpets!!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It is unfortunate that they have so many conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.