Autumn rain

bedia

5 Year Member
Hi everyone... Its been a relatively mild autumn here and I just went out collect some leaves for Moris when I found one of my earlier saves... He his from a terrible petshop, was put in a wooden box and kept there for 3 months when I found him. He was too big to be sold :((( i can't imagine what happens to hatchlings when they change hands under these circumstances....
Anyway, he seems to be happy and enjoying a quick shower. Here are some pictures of him and his part of the garden.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1385475859.313726.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1385475873.558035.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1385475888.233916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Poor thing, that sounds awful. Glad you got him. He looks like he has a fabulous new home now.

bedia

5 Year Member
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Beautiful! What a lovely tortoise. Now, was he brumating/hibernating and he came out for a little bit when the rain came?

I really don't think they are brumating, or hibernating yet? I saw one of the bigger boys 2 days ago munching happily on dandelion. Apart from a few cold evenings weather has been between 60-70 here and sunny. So have seen them around often. Weather will be changing in a few days so they will soon start digging :) last spring they came out looking like mudcakes and stayed like that for weeks.