Bad Dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
My dad came home for lunch today and found my dog walking down the stairs with Lola in her mouth. Her shell is a little scraped up so we took her straight to the hospital. She was fine, vet checked her all over. He gave us some cream to put on the scrapes so that her shell will form over good. My dog somehow learned to open Lola's enclosure and reach her head under to get her. Put some locks on her cage and got a stand to get it up higher. I felt like such a bad mommy I started crying at the vets like a loser lol. They told me it was fine though and we caught her right in time. I have to put the cream stuff on for 10 days then she will be all better. Very stressful day. On the upside she is eating, drinking, basking, and now sleeping like normal. Setting up her outdoor enclosure tomorrow.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Thank God you got to her before she was more seriously injured. I'm so glad to hear she's okay!!
Not bad dog- doggie didn't know better!

wildponey21

5 Year Member
Your dog was noot bad dogs do dog things. My one dog wants to get my trorts all the tiem. oit is just what they do. so don't be mad at the dog. You should real be mad at yor self.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I am soooooo glad Lola is okay. I am glad you took the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again. Must have been scary. You are so not a loser because you cried, you were just letting your emotions out instead of keeping them in, nothing wrong with that, it's actually better for you! Take good care of Lola and she will be good as new, maybe put her in a room where the dog can't go in.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am veryyyy glad Lola is ok! Your dog did not know it was your friend he was having in his mouth, I am sure he is still wondering what the fuss was all about :).

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
You are not a loser for crying! It is very scary when we realize how bad something could have been. Wait until you have two legged kids, they cause a lot of tears. As I see it the only thing you did wrong is under estimate how smart Labs are, and now you have fixed the problem. So good for you!....And good for Lola!!

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Im glad Lola is going to be okay! Don't worry about the crying, I work at a vet and we see it all the time, no prob. I'm sure they thought it was sweet to see how much you care for Lola. That is one smart dog you have though! I have a Lab and he doesn't pay any attention to the tortoise, but the trash, well that's another story :) You are a great tortoise mom, there's no way you could've known the dog would've figured out how to work the lid to her enclosure.

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Texas
Lola's doing great, shell is looking alot better. She is still eating and drinking like normal. Still extremely curious like usual. Were finishing up her outdoor enclosure but had to wait awhile because the last two days its been snowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.