Balancing a mud/aquatic turtle diet

LacyJoy

Location (City and/or State)
Land O Lakes
I have a couple month old striped mud turtle and offer as much of a variety as I can in his diet but I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to balancing the diet. Most people feed pellets or sticks and only a small amount of insects or greens, but mine refuses any commercial food (unless it's one ingredient) and all greens. I sprinkle a small amount of dried greens in his food container every day and that has been so far the best I can do (he has a separate area to eat in every day). He's very picky about foods so if anyone has advice on a picky kinosternidae it would be greatly appreciated. I have also been trying to find live foods as well. It isn't the easiest to find good quality foods or greens for my turtles. Thanks again

LacyJoy

Location (City and/or State)
Land O Lakes
I have a couple month old striped mud turtle and offer as much of a variety as I can in his diet but I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to balancing the diet. Most people feed pellets or sticks and only a small amount of insects or greens, but mine refuses any commercial food (unless it's one ingredient) and all greens. I sprinkle a small amount of dried greens in his food container every day and that has been so far the best I can do (he has a separate area to eat in every day). He's very picky about foods so if anyone has advice on a picky kinosternidae it would be greatly appreciated. I have also been trying to find live foods as well. It isn't the easiest to find good quality foods or greens for my turtles. Thanks again
I don't want him receiving too much protein or fat and possibly growing too quickly or having any shell deformities. He does not over eat but I don't know if that can still be an issue.