Beakless update

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

The Vet says that Beakless had food in his stomach and nothing in his throat, because of the way he died we both thought he had choked on something. But there was nothing in his esophagus so she looked a little farther then she had intended on...and she says that he had a blood clot on his brain and in her words "stroked out". I had already prepared a grave for him under the hollyhock, she had him wrapped in the cloth that was from some stuff of my grandmother's (it was a doily, we don't use them anymore) that I brought him in but she didn't wrap him as good as I had and as I was putting him in the grave his funny face peeked out of that cloth. It was just the oddest thing just his face, not his ruined head. So I got to see that face as I laid him in there.
So anyhow that was him, and Big Bubba has pneumonia. He's got 3 drugs to take and the xrays showed that he has no food in his stomach or intestines and that's really bad for cats as it causes liver failure when they don't eat. So Bubs is really sick too...
and I know this is stupid, but the smell of one of his drugs has made me feel sick and gotten almost a migraine...so I'm gonna go lay down...all of this is just too much for me today. But there were several of you interested in what happened to Beakless, so that's why I posted this...

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Aww Maggie, I am really sad of all that is happening to you. Big Bubba has a pneumonia, poor him :(, maybe with the antibiotics, he will feel better. Does he eat a little or not at all?
Poor beakless, a stroke. At least, now you know what happened and you know that nothing or no one could have saved him.
I understand why you do not feel too good right now, you are going through a lot and it must be very hard to find a way to deal with all of this, I am sure you will find a way soon. We are 100% with you and thinking of you hard hard.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Big Bubba is sick too? Dang.. Sorry its 'raining' for you. See if you can get Nutrical into him. Its a high calorie paste. or ask about A/D food. Its a tasty canned food we use to get cats to eat when they are sick. baby food too. Check with your vet to see whats best...
The vet can install a feeding tube.. but that might be too much for him and you. $$ also.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Isa said:
Aww Maggie, I am really sad of all that is happening to you. Big Bubba has a pneumonia, poor him :(, maybe with the antibiotics, he will feel better. Does he eat a little or not at all?
Poor beakless, a stroke. At least, now you know what happened and you know that nothing or no one could have saved him.
I understand why you do not feel too good right now, you are going through a lot and it must be very hard to find a way to deal with all of this, I am sure you will find a way soon. We are 100% with you and thinking of you hard hard.

Opps sorry, I just realized I cant say that in english "thinking of you hard hard" in french, when we say that, it means "thinking of you a lot'' :)

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Poor beakless, But at least he was blessed in having a loving home and freedom.
Has big bubba had the blood test to say he has Renal failure. Iam suprised that the vet didnt keep him in, When we get animals that have neumonia and worse still they are not eating we keep them in observation with a drip to hydrate and feed them. The good thing is if hes at home with you then its possibly not to serious.What drugs is he on?
Fingers crossed for Big Bubba.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Ah Maggie we've all been waiting for this information. I know it took a lot out of you and now you have to deal with your kitty. I will have the boys say prayers tonight for Big Bubba. Hopefully later today you will feel better after your rest. Thanks for the update. Candy

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...My thoughts are with you. Hugs.

You can get the a/d at PetSmart..made by Hill's Science Diet. You can mix a bit of water with it & syring it to him if he won't lick it. Cats get fatty liver syndrome pretty easy if they don't eat. A little several times a day is good.
Good luck
Patsy

M

Maggie Cummings

Thank you for all the kind words. Big Bubba is very sick and getting sicker. I am now having to force feed him, it's just as Patsy said and the Vet is having me force feed him. He's just so bad, and not moving around and not sleeping either he's just sitting and staring off...I just can't stand it.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Aww, Maggie. I am so deeply sorry for you.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Aw Maggggggggggggie !!! I'm so sorry about Beakless, you couldn't have known that...but you MUST just remember he had a happy little life with you, the best time of his life, thats what you must hang on to. So sorry to hear about Big Bubba too, I can't imagine myself going through all that you have....I will keep you and Bubba in my prayers! he will be A-OK :D
Sending you huge hugs from Nick, Tallula and I

Status
Not open for further replies.