Beautiful

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
The box turtles are finally up, at it, and eating.

This right here is my girl sandy and she has the most beautiful babies. Some I sale and some I have holding back. I've been offered a lot of money for her, but I refuse.😂 it took years to raise these guys up.

I can't wait to see how they look. She bred to my orange male, Tony and the babies already show impressive color.

My other girl, Penelope has super dark babies with red spots, and my other female. Pit(she looks like a pitbull) has MASSIVE babies.

Attachments

• 20230506_142346.jpg
    20230506_142346.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230506_142353.jpg
    20230506_142353.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 5

zovick

10 Year Member!
The box turtles are finally up, at it, and eating.

This right here is my girl sandy and she has the most beautiful babies. Some I sale and some I have holding back. I've been offered a lot of money for her, but I refuse.😂 it took years to raise these guys up.

I can't wait to see how they look. She bred to my orange male, Tony and the babies already show impressive color.

My other girl, Penelope has super dark babies with red spots, and my other female. Pit(she looks like a pitbull) has MASSIVE babies.
Very nice looking Box Turtle! Good luck with the babies.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Interesting......doesn't seem to be so up here in the mid Atlantic area, while the head coloring can be striking on the males, the females seem to have the same shell colorations. I say "seem to" because scientifically, I don't know.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Interesting......doesn't seem to be so up here in the mid Atlantic area, while the head coloring can be striking on the males, the females seem to have the same shell colorations. I say "seem to" because scientifically, I don't know.
I wonder if the range has something to do with it

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
With box turtles, the coloration might be as you said, different surroundings and colors to camo up with!

Those of us that live near the Bay and enjoy our Blue crabs can tell the difference with the Gulf blue crabs....they are a little different too.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
With box turtles, the coloration might be as you said, different surroundings and colors to camo up with!

Those of us that live near the Bay and enjoy our Blue crabs can tell the difference with the Gulf blue crabs....they are a little different too.
Good point