best seed mixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
i was looking on carolina pet supplys website and i was looking at the seed mixes and i wanted to know if anyones ever gotten seed mixes from there. what seed mixes would you reccomend for leopards and sulcatas? let me know...:D

M

Maggie Cummings

I have been buying stuff from there for several years, you can trust that you will be well taken care of. My only complaint is the shipping charges are high. I buy the Russian tort mix and the grazing tort mix and then I add some of the different grass seed mixes. Then I mix them all together and throw them over the grass in my tortoise yard...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have bought seeds from Carolina Pet Supply and and very impressed with how well and how soon the seeds sprout. That tells me that the seeds they sell are fresh. Like Maggie, I wish the shipping charges weren't so high, but the product is great.

Yvonne

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I like the seeds I got from Carolina Pet Supply (russian tort mix and dandelion). I planted them indoors and winter and am getting them to grow...can't imagine how well they'll do with some real sun and warmth. Their timothy hay is also really good and fresh, and the TNT supplement is awesome. That's all I've bought so far.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
yeah i plan on getting dandelion seeds and grazing mix. my tortoises all like the new zealand white clover seeds carolina pet supplys sell. is this also good for there diets?

longbeachskunk

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Long Beach Ca.
I bought some seeds from them and they sprouted in 2 days. Yes the shipping is too high but I can't complain now. But if y ou are looking for certain grass seeds and reasonable shipping, go to outsidepride.com... And heres a tip for the dandelion seeds. Instead of buying them just wait for any dandelion growing in your yard to dry up and puff out so you can collect the seeds and then plant the seeds. It's better than spending 5 bucks for 5 flowers worth of dandelion seeds.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...I found a couple of magazines that have good prices for grasses & dandelion seeds (500 for $2.50). You can either order online or order a catalog (my preference). One is www.Stokeseeds.com and the other is www.PrairieMoon.com`
Good luck
Patsy

Ruri

5 Year Member
K9KidsLove said:
Hi...I found a couple of magazines that have good prices for grasses & dandelion seeds (500 for $2.50). You can either order online or order a catalog (my preference). One is www.Stokeseeds.com and the other is www.PrairieMoon.com`
Good luck
Patsy

My tort loves dandelion leaves. The ones I find in yards looks completly different than the prairie dandedlions. Is the prairie dandelion safe to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.