Blood in Urine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristy

5 Year Member

I have 2 Indian Star torts. Just 3 to 4 days back I found a big blood drop in there enclosure. Yesterday I found one again with urine. I am quite worried as in past 4 years I have not seen anything like this with them nor have I read any ware that they have menstrual cycle. If any one have any idea about it please help.

My torts would be 5 to 6 years old and female is about 4-5'' and male is around 4''. Both stay in same enclosure.

Cristy :(

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Try a separate warm water 10 minute soak for each. Check the water for blood traces. Then examine each tort for injuries.

Good luck.

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
I don't know if this is the same for tortoises, but when I have larger kidney stones they cause cuts in the bladder/kidney that cause blood in urine, I would assume the same would be true for torts. I would also probably go see a vet, especially if it continues.

Cristy

5 Year Member
Thanks for such quick response but I dint found any cut or any kind of injuries in both of them. I am worried about there health and there is not vet in my town who have knowledge about tortoise. If any one can help me with this then please. I will upload the pick if I found any blood traces around them.

They both have there feed properly and also I found the walking properly. They are active enough.

Cristy (Looking for your help). :(

WillTort2

5 Year Member
I'll give your post a bump so some of the more experienced keepers will see it.

You need to check your diet to see if the foods they are eating could be causing a buildup of stones in the bladder.

Has your female ever laid eggs? Does she have a place with deep substrate where she can lay eggs?

Post pictures of your torts and their enclosures. Posts with pictures usually get more replies.

Cristy

5 Year Member
No she has never laid any egg nor she has any such place. How deep substrate is needed and what kind of?
I think she is quite small to lay egg.

I will take same snaps today and will attach is with the thread.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Did you get your pictures?

Make sure both are staying well hydrated. I would soak daily until you can be sure this problem has gone away.

Status
Not open for further replies.