Boxie Hatchling Care

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
So, I'm going to work on mashing all this info into one care sheet. Obviously there's some differences in methods and care, but I think I'm just going to pick the methods that are either obviously the most popular and/or easiest for beginners. So I guess, taking the best of everything from here. :)

This has been such a helpful thread!

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I never really checked the humidity. The temp. stays around 78 - 80 throughout the viv. Under the CHE it's only about 85. (which is right over the eating stone). As for the plants, the most recent vivarium that I have inside has only one side with a bunch of silk plants that are hung over the top to form a cave. I found that the silk plants stay wet longer and hold the humidity well.

@terryo What substrate are you using in your latest set up for the babies? I just love this thread. Thanks

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm using 3 parts soil (I just buy cheap potting soil) and 1 part coco coir (the kind you buy in the pet store in a brick form that you put into water for it to expand). I mix it all up and add some leaf litter crunched up. When everything is mixed up it's nice and loose.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I'm using 3 parts soil (I just buy cheap potting soil) and 1 part coco coir (the kind you buy in the pet store in a brick form that you put into water for it to expand). I mix it all up and add some leaf litter crunched up. When everything is mixed up it's nice and loose.

Thank you!