boxie size

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolfanjack

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas Oregon
I have two Three-toed box turtles I was able to get as hatchlings. Their now 5 yrs old and have a length of 3.5 in. scl and a width of 3.0 in. scl. They have mostly been inside pets but this summer they were outside during daylight hours. I think they have put on about a half inch in size this summer. Does this seem small to anyone? Thanks for all the replies, Jack

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
At five years of age a box turtle is USUALLY full grown. So I'd have to say that they seem a bit on the small side for adults.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a Three Toed who is a little over 4 years old, who I got as a rescue last year, and she's about 4 in. now. I can't tell you how she was raised or what she was fed since she was a hatchling, but she's been outside all this Summer, and has grown about an in. since I have her for about a year. I really wouldn't worry about it. As long as they're eating good and have even growth they'll be fine. I had two Easterns who hatched at the same time, and when I found them in my turtle garden they were the same size. After two years the one I kept was way bigger than the one I gave away, but both were healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.