BREAKFAST

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
These guys love their tomatoes. They get some about twice a week.
000_1307.jpg

000_1306.jpg

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I never gave tomatoes to my boxies, I have one so I will try it today.....also I heard they like "sweet clover" not sure if that the stuff that grown in my yard, or if you buy it?...have you ever fed that?

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
I heard tomatoes have a lot of phosphorous so u shouldn't give them a lot and when u do, dust them with calcium .. I also heard it can cause runny stool ...

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
pryncesssc said:
I heard tomatoes have a lot of phosphorous so u shouldn't give them a lot and when u do, dust them with calcium .. I also heard it can cause runny stool ...

Small amounts are ok every now and then, but you want the ca:phosporous ratio to be 2:1, however if you are feeding lots of foods that inhibit ca absorption (like spinach & tomatoes) then it doest matter how much ca you sprinkle on top because their protein receptors are already blocked so the body cannot process the ca.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
i made them their food......tomatoe...kiwi...shredded yam..dusted it with multi vita and calcium...and gave them each a nightcrawler...I only put maybe a 1/4 of a roma tomatoes in there....Ninja went right to the shredded yam and kiwi...the others havent ate that yet....however i put the nightcrawler in front of Pokey and she went up on her hind legs to grab it from my fingers...she's good at doing that! Lefty is still under the dirt snoozing.....

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
turtlemann2 said:
hmm i didnt know tomatos caused runny stools. hmmm that could explain some earlier issues i had with penny

I'm no expert but I've been trying to read a lot of books and that's what they say about tomatoes .. and I guess a lot of fruits in general ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.