Burying?

Tyanna

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
So I read this thread here:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/why-does-my-russian-tortoise-stay-buried.59575/

My Russian, Taz, has been almost always keeping himself buried. It's been about 2 weeks since I've put him in his new enclosure. He used to only bury at night in his old one, now it's almost always, right underneath his MVB. I just want to make sure he's not burying because temps/humidity is an issue, and that he's doing it because he likes to, instead. He also never uses his hides.

Heat: 95-100 under light, 75 on cool side.
Humidity: 30-60%.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
That's fine :D But I'd bump up the humidity just a smidge :)
He's still getting used to being somewhere new (the new enclosure) and hasn't gotten comfy yet. Also, it's that time of year again where all the russians start slowing down... even if you don't hibernate yours. Mine has 'officially' begun to brumate, and he usually sleeps the day away .He gets up to sit under the light, but I have wake him up to eat/soak... just a few more months and he'll be an active little bugger again :p
It sounds like you moved him into the new setup just as it was 'time' to slow down, so he never really got to explore a bit!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
It's so funny, too, my guy goes through 'spurts' during his lazy months that last a couple days where he runs around and 'stretches' :p