buying fish online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
i was just wondering if people successfully buy and sell aquarium fish online. it seems like all the local fish stores have lessened in quality or gone under altogether. im looking for a cool plecostomus but i haven't had much luck in finding one.
any ideas?

Chipdog

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Columbus Ohio
Although I have not ordered live fish from Pet Solutions I have ordered live plants recently and thousands of dollars in dry goods over the years. They are a great company. If anything was ever wrong with my order they made it right fast without question. I would give them a shot.
http://www.petsolutions.com/Plecostomus+C40001827+SAll.aspx

Keep in mind one of the biggest downfalls to ordering online is the cost of shipping. I would say order as much as you can to fill the box or maybe find a friend who wants some fish also and spit it.

Or if you would rather help your local fish store you can always ask them to get a special fish for you. It may take some time but if they know you are serious they can either track one down or ask their wholesaler to get it in. Looks like for some of the really cool placos on petsolutions you might have to wait also.

Hope this helps
Chip

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i ended up finding a decent local fish shop. i got 2 small bala sharks and 2 plecos. the plecos are bonafide nocturnal fish but they sure look cool! the bala sharks are shy but will hopefully get more brave with time. i could sit and stare at my aquarium for hours. fish are fascinating! almost as much as torts!

Status
Not open for further replies.