Cacti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I should never be allowed in Lowes alone again! I went in for soil, came out with 5 cacti...and of course three of them had no names! The tallest one does have "fuzzy" spines on it, but they do not hurt. I checked before I bought them. I did make sure that the plants are high enough to not be eaten, but if they are ok to give then I'll get different pots. Thanks again!

Sara

050-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

052-1.jpg

053-1.jpg

054-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The first picture is a form of hen & chick in the echiveria family.

The next picture is bunny ears...in the opuntia family.

Then two more pix of the echiveria.

The next picture is sometimes referred to as Living Stone. I think the family name is lithops.

I'm not sure about the last pictures, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was also in the echiveria family.

And don't be fooled by the fuzzy dots on the bunny ears. There are hundreds of glochids in each fuzzy dot and they DO stick in your skin.

Yvonne

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
I assume the bunny ears is ok to feed as long as I take off the fuzzy balls then? Is it easy to grow new ones (from other pads on it?) And Echiveria is ok to feed then also? Thanks alot Yvonne! :D

Sara

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have a very large collection of cacti and succulents and my tortoises will eat any of it. I never de-spine them and they don't seem to have a problem with the stickers. I guess their slimey saliva keeps the glochids from sticking.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.