cactus and aloe question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoon714

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, I just recently got my baby Hermann tortoise named Roxy. She is doing very well and eating great. I just wanted to know where I can get cactus pads from (i live in northern jersey, so I dont really grow my own plants or anything) and where I can get dandelion? Also, can she eat Aloe Vera? Thank you

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Yoon, Welcome to the forum. Some nurseries will order a plant for you. They grow very well in a pot and you can cut just a bit from time to time for a small tort and the plant will keep growing. Dandilions can be gotten about anywhere, just make sure there is no pestisides or chemicals on them. You can order seeds and some foods from Carolina pet supply. http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/ca...result&search_in_description=1&keyword=cactus
Yes a Hermann can eat Aloe Vera but only in very small amounts as they can cause loose stools and too much can cause mouth irritation I hear. I personally do not feed aloe to my hatchlings. and only once every month or two to my adults.

yoon714

5 Year Member
thank you i will try some nurseries, hopefully they carry it. What else can I fee my tortoise? flower wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.