can I house these turtle species together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtleyprincess

5 Year Member
I'm new to this site, I just joined 5 minutes ago so I can get more information, to make my turtles as happy as possible :)
anywaysss,
I'm currently housing a baby yellow belly turtle and a red eared slider together, they are perfectly fine together, they're both smaller then the palm of my hand.. I got a florida softshell turtle, about the same size as the other 2.. can the softshell live with the other two turtles? it seems more "fragile" then the others so to speak so I'm a little more hesitant to house them all together.
when I did put them together there were no signs of aggression, but is there anything I should know? :tort:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I would not house the soft shell together with the other two. A soft shell can be easily injured even by accident by red ear slides and yellow bellies. You can do it but I would recommend against it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Turtleyprincess:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

One thing to know about the soft shell turtles is that they must have very clean water. They are prone to shell problems if allowed to live in dirty water.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I also would not cohabitate. Baby turtles like to bite at things, and can nip toes, tails, and in the softshell's case, its shell.

The softshell should have its own home.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
seperate the softshells but watch out for the RESs because they like the space and watch feeding time so no one will get hurt over food but welcome to the forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.