Can you recommend a CHE brand?

Anna!

5 Year Member
I have had my Sulcata for about six months now, and in that time I have gone through three different CHE bulbs. They keep dying on me, which I feel shouldn't be happening in such a short period of time. Does anyone have a brand that they particularly like? Right now I am heating a 50 gallon enclosure and over the last few weeks my temperatures have slowly been going down as the bulb starts crapping out on me. What do you guys find works the best for you and lasts the longest?

DawnH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
Is it the Zoo Med one? I went through the same problem with them and was royally ticked. I finally called customer service and they replaced the two that crapped out AND the new housing I had bought (because we were not sure if that was the issue) at no charge.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I have two Zoo Med CHE's and (knock on wood) haven't had an issue after almost a year of use. I also have an All Living Things (petsmart sells them) CHE as a back up and it hasn't failed either, although I haven't used it that much.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Mine is a Komodo 10 months old and no problems. Are you using a deep dome lamp holder with it? Just wondering if it's overheating.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I use a ZooMed 60 watt that is around 3 years old and haven't had any issues.