CARP ADVICE

sulcata101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sebastopol
I've been fishing off a dock in the Georgiana slough, which is part of the San Joaquin Delta. I have been catching many fish on mostly cheese, meat and worms. I have been spotting carp but have not been able to catch any. Do any of you have advice on how to catch a carp where I'm fishing?
Thanks.

Wanda

10 Year Member!
South east UK
I have quite a bit of luck using a plastic band round a pellet - the ones that are fed to pond fish. Just put the hook through the band and make sure the pellet hangs on the outside

sulcata101

5 Year Member
Sebastopol
I have quite a bit of luck using a plastic band round a pellet - the ones that are fed to pond fish. Just put the hook through the band and make sure the pellet hangs on the outside
Thanks!

sulcata101

5 Year Member
Sebastopol
Were you fishing in the delta?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Usually, for carp or catfish, I use old ham or sausage. Bonus points if you soak it in beef juice blood stuff. I'm a vegetarian, so I hate buying meat, so I use cat food sometimes. And it works!