cat grass

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoaFan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
just wonering if the cat grass thats sold at pet stores is ok to feed a redfoot once in a while?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
It would be a waste of money. RFs don't eat grass often, a better bet would be to purchase chia or organic pansy seed.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
That cat grass is actually Organic Wheat Grass. The stores also sell catnip. Can RF eat catnip?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Crazy1 said:
That cat grass is actually Organic Wheat Grass. The stores also sell catnip. Can RF eat catnip?
They can. Catnip is a mint and as such my Rf's tend to ignore it and nibble at best.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
thanks for that answer Larry. I didn't know it was a mint. Yeah most torts seem to ignore fragrant herbs at least mine do.

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
waco tx
BoaFan said:
just wonering if the cat grass thats sold at pet stores is ok to feed a redfoot once in a while?
it is western wheat grass. that is what i feed my sulcatas when i cant get them johnson grass or bermeda.. and it is good because they sell it during the winter when my grass wont grow

stano40

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NH
I'm glad I saw this post, I just bought on line a wheat grass kit. I plan to grow it in the small trays that comes with the kit and use it in my RT's house for them to graze on.

You can go to http://wheatgrasskits.com they sell the kits to health nuts who like to juice it like spirulina for their drinks.

You get everything you need to grow the wheat grass. 5 trays, organic wheat grass seed, the composted soil. The price was $16.95 for the kit, the shipping was the killer though that ran $16.08 by UPS ground delivery.

I want to try the cuttings to also feed my bearded dragons.

bob/stano40

Status
Not open for further replies.