Cato Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
I have had my tegu for 2 weeks now and I have to say he is a completely different lizard. When I first got him, he was really flighty and would run away from me and hiss and do his huffle puff hoopla when I tried to pick him up. Now, if I open the cage and say Cato come here, he will get up and walk onto my hand. He is devouring crickets, meal worms, eggs, ground turkey, a little bit of chicken, and even grapes. He is getting a pot belly :D he just got through his first shed since being here as well which means he is growing. I take him out twice a day to free roam in the bathroom and if i get up to do something he will fallow me around the bathroom. If i sit down he comes up and climbs my legs and will let me pet him on his back and he will fall asleep. I think for being hatched on July 2nd, he is doing extremely well and is taming quite nicely. Although he seems more on the spoiled side lately. He climbed onto my stomach today and I had my hand resting there and he went and scratched at it until I started to pet him. He also scratches at his door when he is ready to go free roam. Really happy I made the choice to get a lizard and especially a tegu, definitely recommend them if you have the space and some time to spend daily.
IMG_3917.jpg
58905_10151504880322051_512701475_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
He sure is pretty. Glad you are enjoying him.

How do you pronounce his name? I always fumble over it when I read your posts.

Like the letter K then toe like on your foot? :p

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
Yep Picture it like the girl name Kate then just add the oh sound at the end ;) Your way is exactly right as well. Cato was a name from the hunger games and being a super fan of the books I had to find a name from the book. Cato stuck with me ;)

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
It would be awesome if the green stayed on them. Glad to hear the taming is going well.

What kind of enclosure do you have him in?

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
What a good update! I figured he was named for the Green Hornets sidekick, Cato.

Looks like he's been growing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm am so happy for you! This is the kind of relationship everyone should have with a pet lizard and its only going to get better.

Keep us updated as time passes so we can see his color changing and track his growth and personality with you.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
He has definitely grown! His tail is getting fatter and his feet are bigger as well. Plus he has a big belly. I feed him twice a day once in the morning once at night instead of leaving food in all day. Working pretty well. I will keep with updates from time to time and share photos :) ImageUploadedByTortForum1374703709.145255.jpg here he is today napping with me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
That's one happy little lizard. I'm glad you two are coming along, it's nice to see the bond between a person and a reptile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.