CBW permits

fitz12

5 Year Member
How hard is it to get the CBW permit for radiated tortoises? I'm looking into getting a couple but live in a state where there aren't any breeders.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cary, NC
https://www.fws.gov/forms/3-200-41.pdf
This is the application form. Fee is 200$ for 5 years.
Not that hard. You need to provide pictures of your indoor and outdoor housing. Any success breeding other species.
There are enough people on this forum that can be a reference w/ their CBW number to put on the application.
You also need to explain that you are doing this for genetic diversity and conservation of the species. Can take 3-6 months to get approval.

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
I've looked around and I don't see a newer form. All of the links on the various sites lead to this expired form. You could call the USFWS and ask if its OK to use the expired form. I renewed mine in 2016 so I didn't run into this problem.

U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
5275 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
703/358-2104 or 800/358-2104
e-mail: [email protected]

8james8

5 Year Member
Alabama
As long as you can provide a plan for indoor and outdoor car. Demonstrate the experience to care for, breed, and follow policy and guideline - you habe a good chance.

Follow up often and be polite.

ohiohomestead

Northern Ohio
Appreciate it.
Have worked with F&W before on on plants but never animals. Past experience is that spring and summer take a bit longer then winter for us up north on permits.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Oops they forgot to include the fee price, but in past its been $200 I'm sure this will be updated again soon...