Check up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello everyone,
I am just wondering if I should take Wilbur in for a check up with the vet, kind of like a "well baby tort" check up..you know to make sure he is healthy and everything? Has anyone ever done that with their baby tort?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I think its a good idea cause when I took Cooper (but he was sick at the time) they done all kinds of tests on him, fecal tests and other things. But it cost me about 300 or so but it was worth it to be sure he was ok other then the res. infection he had. Have a good day!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't done that, all my tort's have been healthy when I got them minus the rescue but never had a problem that needed a vet. I think it's more of a personl thing for you. If you feel that Wilbur needs it then take him, but if he is healthy and there are no problems you can just put that money a side just in case something happens in the future.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Many people don't, but I always do "well checks" for my tortoises. It's nice to establish a great relationship with a good herp vet and can answer any questions you have. It's been beneficial to me. I mostly like to go to pick my vet's brain on all the newest and latest stuff.

Missy82

5 Year Member
south wales
It will give u peace of mind if you take him they can check for parasites and check him over tho this is only a problem if youve just baught him and it wasnt from e reputable breeder. Babys go down hill quickly aswell so a check up should rule out anything.
Congras on ur tort :)

Status
Not open for further replies.