climbing wall at same spot everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Trevor never ceases to amaze me. He's up on top of that new plant! I had never even thought he would want to or be able to climb it, but he's enjoying himself! I guess after the fact I know how much Russians love to climb. Glad it's keeping him entertained. :)

He had breakfast outside again, but then started to burrow so I brought him back inside. No use him being outside and me constantly watching him if he's not getting the benefit. More for him to do inside too. I think I need a bigger Rubbermaid for him already so I can set up more cage furnishings and such to keep him entertained outside too.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...What a handsome guy you have! How deep is the aspen bedding? My guys like it when I make a big pile of it so they can totally bury themselves in it.
As far as bigger totes, several people on here have put 2 totes side by side or end to end and cut holes the size of plastic pipe to attach them & for the tort to climb thru. I would get a big enough piece of pipe so he doesn't outgrow it. You can put organic potting soil mixed with play sand in one tote & aspen in the other so he has a choice. You can also cut most of the middle of the lids and attach 1/2" screen so critters don't get him. Just make sure he has shade in the heat of the day. Russians prefer it outside once they are used to it, plus it is much healthier for them to get natural light.
Good luck
Patsy

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
It's about 8 inches deep! He's less than 3 so he loves to burrow down nice and deep in there. I can get a larger tote than I have now. I actually wasn't expecting him to be spending so much time in it though. I don't think we have the space for two together though as if I get a bigger one it will have to do gown two floors to the garage and the one rigged together wouldn't do well with the substrate and being carried around. I don't want to leave it out to get bugs in it either. Thanks for the tips though! I got him some great fake plants for the Rubbermaid to give him a little more extra space than the log in there, and it's more natural too.

Status
Not open for further replies.