Closed chamber help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assante

5 Year Member
I have a baby sulcata that is about 3 weeks now. I really want to get a closed chamber built for her. I need help.

I really just need some plans or blueprints to make one. I am looking for one that can last for the first year at the very least.

Help me keep my baby smooth.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using TortForum mobile app

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
The easiest is a large terrarium or aquarium that is tall enough for the heat and uvb lights to be inside while the lid is closed. You can make your own out of plexi glass, or a storage tub that you can use glass or plexi glass for the top. you want to see in so you don't have to open the top all the time and let out the humidity and heat.
There is more to it, look at the top of the Sulcata section at the stickied posts for more information

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Take a look through the enclosure threads. When you find one you like, you can always revamp it for more your needs. Aquariums do work, and large plastic totes. Also, take a look at some of Toms threads, he has some pics of his too. I have also seen someone use a plastic tote and cut a large part of one side out and siliconed it with plexiglass so you can see in from the side.

Check out the enclosure on this thread. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/post-675931.html

Assante

5 Year Member
I have seen a lot of the pictures but I not really good at taking them from picture to reality.

When I am looking for the base of the chamber, what size do I need? What is the minimum? I would like this to last for at least a year.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using TortForum mobile app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Get a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Build walls, a back and a top, but leave the front open. Once it's built, measure your front opening and go to home depot to order a custom window. Install your window, set up your lights and BAM! Super smooth growth and a healthy tortoise!

Status
Not open for further replies.