Coco eating poop

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Hello recently since I been putting coco outside to get him ready for his outside house…I been noticing interest in dog poop! Any suggestions in what it can be? I dont want to be alarmed if no need! He eats well, a lot of greens and occasionally fruits! I also give him other stuff like alfalfa, raspberry dry plant among other’s! Even flowers! Suggestions on what else he can have and where I can get it in the state of Arizona?

P.S hes three times the size now! Its wild!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He needs his own outdoor space where dogs are not allowed and can not get into. Do not let him eat the dog poop could be dangerous.
Let me clarify. The poop can be dangerous for then to eat if your dog is on any medication, heartworm med, etc.
Also your dov could cause damage to the tortoise if he is allowed around him. They use them as a chew toy.
Your dog in the pic looks fixated on the tortoise which is not a good sign.

Last edited:

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Hello crystal, Nala is the same way. I try to pick it all up beforehand but Nala will always show me the pile I missed. How she smells it from across the yard is amazing.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Hello crystal, Nala is the same way. I try to pick it all up beforehand but Nala will always show me the pile I missed. How she smells it from across the yard is amazing.
Mine does the same! we pick up the poop regularly but some how we always miss something! Today he got into something fresh and it really worried me! I picked him up washed him clean including whatever was inside his mouth and put him back in his inside enclosure and gave him a snack!

I know I need to put him outside already, however I also need to decide where he is gonna stay on what side of yard and clean throughly!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
He needs his own outdoor space where dogs are not allowed and can not get into. Do not let him eat the dog poop could be dangerous.
Let me clarify. The poop can be dangerous for then to eat if your dog is on any medication, heartworm med, etc.
Also your dov could cause damage to the tortoise if he is allowed around him. They use them as a chew toy.
Your dog in the pic looks fixated on the tortoise which is not a good sign.
I keep him away from dogs when hes outside! My little one tigger attacks the others if they get too close!

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
I keep him away from dogs when hes outside! My little one tigger attacks the others if they get too close!
When Nala goes outside I Lock the dogs inside,Just to be Safe.. Wellington is Right Dogs and Tortoises don't Mix well. Sounds like the dogs might get into a Fight over the tortoise..Best of Luck to You.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
Hello recently since I been putting coco outside to get him ready for his outside house…I been noticing interest in dog poop! Any suggestions in what it can be? I dont want to be alarmed if no need! He eats well, a lot of greens and occasionally fruits! I also give him other stuff like alfalfa, raspberry dry plant among other’s! Even flowers! Suggestions on what else he can have and where I can get it in the state of Arizona?

P.S hes three times the size now! Its wild!
What kind of tortoise is this? BEAUTIFUL shell!! Fantastic job 👏