Coming attraction in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
iowa
WoW you are so lucky! is that a picture of your enclosers? very nice!!!!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
No, the enclosures are in N. Florida at the breeders. I wish I could do that but, like you, I have to work with Midwest hardy plants or something that I can bring in for winter. I'm going to plant cheap hostas, bellflower, and other shade loving tort plants plus elephant ear ( a potted plant for burmese torts only) and rose of sharon. They will be living the first years of their life in a lattice house.

Tatooineboy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Congrats! I was very close to getting one of these little guys but my partner made me decide against it :(

Best of luck with them. Please keep us updated and post pictures :)

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I love those little guys!! I had an opportunity a while back to pick one up from a guy in CA. he was so friendly, but I passed it up because I live in the desert and I don't think they would enjoy the dry heat around here. But your little ones are soooo cute!!!!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Tatooineboy said:
Congrats! I was very close to getting one of these little guys but my partner made me decide against it :(

Best of luck with them. Please keep us updated and post pictures :)
I have one now (had it since September) and am very impressed with them. Very personable, not really a hard keeper ( keep him basically like a RF). So I decided to get serious and start a colony. They are a rainforest tortoise, so do have to keep humidity up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Itort said:
Six of these little guys are coming. 2007 burmese black mountain tortoise This is their nursery.

Is that Vic Morgan? I'm very surprised to see him feeding them (un)frozen mixed veggies.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
They look great lucky you Congratulations on the upcoming new family members :D

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Itort said:
Six of these little guys are coming. 2007 burmese black mountain tortoise This is their nursery.

Is that Vic Morgan? I'm very surprised to see him feeding them (un)frozen mixed veggies.

Yvonne Yes, they are Vics. I will find out the why of frozen vegies. I myself seldom if ever feed frozen vegies and not that mix. I don't believe corn is of much use to torts. In one end, out the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.