Crested geckos

BILBO-03

Pangea is a great place but a little pricey! Have you checked kingsnake and Fauna Classifieds? Those are great too!

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Pangea is a great place but a little pricey! Have you checked kingsnake and Fauna Classifieds? Those are great too!
Thank you. A friend from work is actually looking for some for her kids. So of course she asked me, because reptiles are the same you know :) I told her I would check.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Have you tried our sister Forum GeckoTalk.com ?
You can click on it at the bottom of the page.
There's still a couple of knowledgeable people hanging about there.

AmberD

Ontario
I hope your friend knows crested geckos are mostly nocturnal - not very interesting for kids during the day, plus their sticky feet making handling a little more difficult if they get away as they jump considerable distances as well. If they are older kids and responsible they are a good but kind of boring reptile (i have a 1.5 year old male) i do love him though, good temperments and have never been bit by one. Easy to take care of.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I hope your friend knows crested geckos are mostly nocturnal - not very interesting for kids during the day, plus their sticky feet making handling a little more difficult if they get away as they jump considerable distances as well. If they are older kids and responsible they are a good but kind of boring reptile (i have a 1.5 year old male) i do love him though, good temperments and have never been bit by one. Easy to take care of.
Her kids seem to like lizards. Are there other clients that are better for kids?

AmberD

Ontario
Lizards that are better for kids. Darn Siri!
Leopard geckos are pretty good, as well as bearded dragons. It depends on the size of enclosure she is willing to have as well. The cresteds and leopards will be ok in a 20 gallon, obviously the bigger the better though, but a full size bearded dragon will require a 55 gallon. And diet as well - created geckos have formulated powder diets but still like to have a few crickets now and then. Leopards are solely bugs and beardies are a mix of salads and bugs. Water dragons are pretty cool as well, again eating solely bugs and requiring at least a 55 gallon and tropical set up. Have her do some research maybe? There is a lot to set up, just like tortoises. Lighting, heat, substrate etc. I've had bearded dragons before, they are great if you raise as a baby to get used to handling.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
I used to raised Cresteds. They are awesome. try Fauna classifieds, many on sale. Also i know LLL Reptile has some on occasion, but you don't really get to pick your morph. Good luck!

This was my large male that was hand tamed. he came from LLL Reptile originally. He was awesome.

pepperhand_zps6ra5mzq3.jpg