Daytona Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello everyone :)
Next year, My fiance and I want to go to Daytona Beach :D. I only went when I was a kid so I dont remember it that much. I am looking for a hotel on the shore. Hampton inn Daytona Beach shore looks like a good idea but when I read the reviews, it says that it is the quiet part of the beach? I did not know there was a quiet part and a party part. How does it work, if I go to this hotel, do I have to drive a long drive for restaurants? Should I go to another hotel?
Any advices would be really appreciated :D
Thanks.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Your best bet Isa is to stay in Daytona beach, not Daytona beach shores (which is south of Daytona beach). Once your out of Daytona beach, your out of the party part of town.
If you really are going to Daytona beach, than you have to go in August next year and go to the National Reptile Breeders Expo. Thats where I am every August. It's the largest one in the world and you have to go to it at least once. http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/

Danny

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks for the info Danny :)
I will check the hotels in Daytona Beach.
I am going in May because we are going for our Honeymoon (one week to Walt Disney and 2 weeks in Daytona Beach :D). I hope I will see some Sea turtles (On the Daytona beach Website, it says the Sea turtles season starts in May :D).
Is there a difference between Daytona beach centre, south and north?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I stay at the Daytona Hilton when I'm in Daytona Beach. I think thats pretty much center. There are plenty of resturants and things to do up and down 1A.

Danny

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
egyptiandan said:
I stay at the Daytona Hilton when I'm in Daytona Beach. I think thats pretty much center. There are plenty of resturants and things to do up and down 1A.

Danny

Thanks Danny :)

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Never been there myself Isa. I’m going to plan a trip to Key West in about a month but never been to Daytona. Have a great time! :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
richalisoviejo said:
Never been there myself Isa. I’m going to plan a trip to Key West in about a month but never been to Daytona. Have a great time! :)

Thanks Rich :)
Have fun in Key west, where is it, is it in Calif?

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Isa said:
richalisoviejo said:

It's also in Florida, the Florida Keys :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
richalisoviejo said:
Isa said:
richalisoviejo said:

It's also in Florida, the Florida Keys :)

Thanks for the info :)
Have fun :D

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
See if there is Google Street View (google.com) for that area, and see what is near your hotel. You can also search for "restaurant" near "hotel address", etc.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Kate, that is a very good idea :D Thanks.

Stace, I can't wait :D the wedding date is set for May 1st 2010 :D. And we want to leave for the honeymoon on the 3rd :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.