Desert Tort Fungal Treatment Question and General Update On Steven Q. Tortoise

the_newzie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
las vegas
On his plastron? Nothing moist or wet, overall, it's just not same pattern and texture. There are two small spots that are more prominent and appear more "off" & slightly raised. Those spots look decidedly fungus-y. If this antifungal doesn't work, I'm just taking him to vet.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
On his plastron? Nothing moist or wet, overall, it's just not same pattern and texture. There are two small spots that are more prominent and appear more "off" & slightly raised. Those spots look decidedly fungus-y. If this antifungal doesn't work, I'm just taking him to vet.

Just keep in mind that the treatment can take a couple of weeks before you may notice any change....if indeed the different areas are an infection and not simply the difference in the shell....

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Just keep in mind that the treatment can take a couple of weeks before you may notice any change....if indeed the different areas are an infection and not simply the difference in the shell....
I will. I was going to do a 2 week course and then see where we are. Hopefully it'll be simple for once. Lol.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I will. I was going to do a 2 week course and then see where we are. Hopefully it'll be simple for once. Lol.

You could also have the area swabbed and tested...this way you would know if you are indeed dealing with and issue vs a shell texture difference???? Just saying :p

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Yeah, that'd be the next step if antifungal cream treatment doesn't show results.