Does this look like Septicemia?

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I feel like I’m failing these guys miserably. I needed to put the two back together this morning to clean the tub water ( had separated them because of fluttering and biting), but I noticed this on Red’s shell. So checked Squirtle and both look like this. Are they septic???

EA978B6B-CD70-4379-B66A-9A1696AA4817.jpegFB7DF122-994F-4820-B4EC-7A12FFA7DEFD.jpeg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Pretty low resolution picture to be sure what you are showing.

From what I see it looks like a very normal plastron coloring for a slider. I see nothing that looks abnormal or like septicemia.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

From what I see it looks like a very normal plastron coloring for a slider. I see nothing that looks abnormal or like septicemia.
Mark: The plastron has a sort of pinkish blush in the yellow parts.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I do see it now slightly in the upper picture, not the lower. I would expect the seams to be showing reddish with septicemia if it is already starting to show through the scutes.

Has the look of the plastron changed recently or did you just notice this now, and not sure if there was a change. with small sliders, the plastron can look a bit translucent depending upon diet.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia

Sorry, are these better?

32CD65C1-E011-4695-9564-C94C6F47FE8A.jpeg1343D898-1EFB-4964-B7F8-896A1DE86D84.jpeg

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
I do see it now slightly in the upper picture, not the lower. I would expect the seams to be showing reddish with septicemia if it is already starting to show through the scutes.

Has the look of the plastron changed recently or did you just notice this now, and not sure if there was a change. with small sliders, the plastron can look a bit translucent depending upon diet.
I don’t remember their plastrons looking that pink, though they have been pinkish in general in the past. I haven’t seen any red or pink on the seams. They eat ZooMed Hatchling formula, meal worms, blood worms, sometimes dried shrimp. I have also tried Mazuri aquatic pellets, but they were still a bit too big for them, so I’m waiting to try that again.