Dog food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyager

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sutter, Ca
I already know the answer, but the lady that I got my 12 tortoises from (yup 12, got another 5 last night) (I had the one die that was plugged solid from her care!) She swears that I have to feed them dog food to get them to breed and make them healthy! Yup, you read that right. I know she is dead wrong and will NEVER feed them dog food, and I am not interested in breeding either. In fact I keep the male sulcata away from the females. Just a quick question.... dog food is a no no right??? I need to show her some comments so she will quit with the dog food already!

dyager

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sutter, Ca
wellington said:
Not for the purpose she said. However, some do feed it. Check out this thread. Now, this should not be their only food and I wouldn't give it all the time. There is much better food out there for them. Here is the thread. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-18016.html

I read most of the thread, thank you! I am not going to change their diet to accommodate her craziness. For some reason she has this breeding thing stuck in her head. I have found so many tortoises for free online, it is unreal. That is why I am against breeding mine, too many people have buyers remorse when they start getting big. Thank you again!

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Some boxies eat dog. food because they need more protein

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.