Eating machine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
It's amazing to me how an animal who moves so deliberately can eat so fast. Elsa doesn't miss a leaf! She zeroes in on her target, chomp, chomp and it's GONE!

I was going to attach a picture, but whenever she notices me watching her eat, she stops and stares back at me, or else she goes and hides behind a big plant. :p

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I know what you mean. Mine will eat a pile of lettuce as big as he is and then come looking through the window for more. He knows where the food gods live and what sliding glass door they come out of. :D

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
@Greg T, I should've come seen yours when I was living in Seabrook to get an idea of how personable they can be. Mine is still pretty shy, granted he's very young, he's just really skiddish. Hopefully he comes around.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
jtrux said:
@Greg T, I should've come seen yours when I was living in Seabrook to get an idea of how personable they can be. Mine is still pretty shy, granted he's very young, he's just really skiddish. Hopefully he comes around.

He'll come around. Only one of mine is really personable. One runs like the wind when anyone but me walks in the backyard. One is okay with people but will go hide and my male will make himself happy in the middle of everything. BBQ'ing, fixing the deck, it doesn't matter - he'll be right there looking for food. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.