Enclosure for redfoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoniocormier

5 Year Member
Could you guys share some pics of your indoor/outdoor enclosure? I just want to get ideas because when i get older im planning on having a HUGE backyard full of enclosures :D Thanks

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
antonio_cormier said:
Could you guys share some pics of your indoor/outdoor enclosure? I just want to get ideas because when i get older im planning on having a HUGE backyard full of enclosures :D Thanks

just remember when looking for property that you want to have a portion facing south-east (so the torts can warm up early in the day to jump start their appetite and help them digest) and mainly southern exposure, and remember that you'll need the space for decades so any trees slightly blocking the sun when you build may completely block the sun only after a decade...

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
It's true...south, east exposure is the best! I never understood why till winter hit my Russian pen. A block wall and huge tree are on the south side of my pen and for a few winter months it gets zero sun. My husbands tool shed is to the east and the rest of the year sun doesn't hit the pen till noon. Definitely not ideal.
My leopard pen is much better. It's away from any walls, away from the house, has east and south exposure. To the west of the pen are some large trees in a neighbors yard but that only affects late evening sun.

Any pen i ever build in the future will have the south, east exposure for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.