enclosure question? how does this look???

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeeslover

5 Year Member
here is a pic of my new greek..finally got the temps good, added a blue zoomed light on the left side..temps now range from 75-95...but inside his hide that I built its around 65-68, I was thinking of buying one of those big log type things from petsmart and add to the other corner where its warmer..is this ok? will he go to either one that he wants to? or will two hides confuse him? and if so is 68 in hide too cool for him? I figured I would give him some choices of warm hide and cold hide..heres the current pick..thanks for all your help...also, Is this a golden greek? thanks for help

Attachments

• 20130430_134642.jpg
    20130430_134642.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 129
  • 20130430_134652.jpg
    20130430_134652.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 116
  • 20130430_134735.jpg
    20130430_134735.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 122

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I would put the light stand on the outside of the tort table with the "foot" of it tucked under the tort table. Less chance of it falling over that way, and less chance of him getting stuck between the stand and the wall.

Nice job. Lookin' good. He'll be outside during good weather, right?

yankeeslover

5 Year Member
The stands are screwed down. I had no way to attach on outside. As far as putting him outside, im in nys. Once days get warm I will let him out

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
yankeeslover said:
here is a pic of my new greek..finally got the temps good, added a blue zoomed light on the left side..temps now range from 75-95...but inside his hide that I built its around 65-68, I was thinking of buying one of those big log type things from petsmart and add to the other corner where its warmer..is this ok? will he go to either one that he wants to? or will two hides confuse him? and if so is 68 in hide too cool for him? I figured I would give him some choices of warm hide and cold hide..heres the current pick..thanks for all your help...also, Is this a golden greek? thanks for help

You tortoise is beautiful! What did you name it?

Scoutsboy

5 Year Member
My greek is in a glass terarium is this ok anything i might needImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1363835379.598697.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Scoutsboy said:
My greek is in a glass terarium is this ok anything i might need

Since your tank is rather small, upgrading to a larger enclosure is always the best option for your tortoise. In the meantime, you could add some live plants and decor. Your tort will be more active if his cage is more interesting.

Scoutsboy

5 Year Member
theelectraco said:
Scoutsboy said:
My greek is in a glass terarium is this ok anything i might need

Since your tank is rather small, upgrading to a larger enclosure is always the best option for your tortoise. In the meantime, you could add some live plants and decor. Your tort will be more active if his cage is more interesting.

This is all i have i cant buy anything else for him for atleast a few months

Status
Not open for further replies.