Enclosure set up

Myidcw

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, I'm new here and in the process of setting up an indoor enclosure for our baby sully.
I need some help on the set up from you guys.
My enclosure is 47x 15 x 25h
I have a second floor/loft for the basking area, and the space under it is the humid hide

I was able to get the basking spot up to 100 degree during the day.
But for some reason.....was only able to get the ambient temp and humid hide up to 80 the highest with a 100 watt CHE on all night

From reading on the forum, I know a heating pad is not recommended.......
How about I have a 150 watt CHE instead of a 100 watt..... Will this fix my ambient temp problem.
Or any other suggestion?
ImageUploadedByTortForum1381773213.883399.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1381773222.574575.jpg

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The ambient temp of 80 with humidity of 80% is good, leave it that day and night. Toms threads are below for raising a smooth sully.

Myidcw

5 Year Member
Thanks....

I put a blanket on the enclosure and now I'm able to maintain the ambient temp at around 80-82 degree

I guess I was too afraid to suffocate my baby sully and drilled too many holes for air flow.....

Now pretty much all the holes are covered by the blanket.... The temp is good too ...

: )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Adjust that one light on the right so it points straight down. All the warmth is going to the side wall.

Myidcw

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Adjust that one light on the right so it points straight down. All the warmth is going to the side wall.

Also adjusted the light pointing straight down now, thanks Yvonne. :)