Everything happens for a reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
For years I've been watching our local CL for sullys. I posted yesterday about the one the girl wouldn't budge on. Today I checked at lunch and found this guy.

image-547094010.png

The girl seems like she did a lot right. He's home with us now! Supposedly he's 3 in August, seems more like yearling size to me. However she did say he was the runt of the clutch. We are super excited. Now of course, more questions. How long should they get a humid hide for? Since he's so little should I do a baby food soak? He's nice and hard which was a relief. This pic is the one she sent me, I'll be posting new ones soon :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Nice looker, but if he is 3 he is def. on the small side. baby food soaks should really only be use if he is not eating, and or sick
Congrats BTW,

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
He is absolutely beautiful....:D

I would imagine that if you offered him a choice of a warm humid hide and also a second dry cooler ones then he could do the shuffle between the two as his heart desires....:p

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yes i would still use a humid hide, and go the humid way :)

Congrats.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Nice looking tort! Reminds me of Cooper when he was, eh, 5 months old. They all grow at different rates. As long as he eats and poo's good, thats always a good sign. Congrat's and best of luck to you both! :)

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
With a proper diet he will pack on the pounds. My Tank was always small and when I started feeding him mazuri along with a good diet he has grown super fast.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Mine is that big too (maybe a tad bigger, but not by much.) and is the same age, so dint worry you aren't alone! ;) no matter the size it starts out they grow QUICK, and all have the same big hearts on the inside! ;) lol! Good luck with your little guy! :D

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Nice looking youngster. I would keep him indoors at night in a high humidity enclosure. You may want to keep a humid hide for him to sleep in. Build an outdoor pen where he can get plenty of sunshine and exercise. I would soak him every day for 10 - 20 minutes. And I would feed him Mazuri two, maybe three times a week. To the Mazuri I would add vitamin or mineral supplements. There is one called TNT with probotics that is being used by a lot of keepers recently. I have just started to use it. In a very short time you should see smooth growth on his shell and quite an increase in weight.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I don't think mine is quite a year old yet and he's bigger... Super cute though.

Status
Not open for further replies.