feeding question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUUZBEE

5 Year Member
Hello Forum,

I have a quick question... I recently signed up for a local farm produce program. For $20 a week, I get a large box full of veggies and fruits.

My sulcata is over 10 years old, and weighs about 100 lbs. He has free range of the back yard to graze on grass all day, and I also give him 3 heads of romaine daily for the water intake (and to add his supliments to) So as you can guess, just on the lettuce alone, I was spending about $75 a month! We also have parrots and we eat salads daily, so we go through a lot of produce a week!

Now to my question...
This is what comes in my box this week:
Large Box
1 Napa Cabbage
1 bunch Candy Beets
1 bunch Rainbow Chard
1 bunch Purple Kale
1 Green Romaine Lettuce
1 bunch Orange Carrots
1 tub Strawberries
1 bunch Asparagus
2 Fennel Bulbs

Of this box, can my sulcata have the fennel or beets? He'll be getting the greens and carrot tops, can he also have the beet tops?
Also, last week had radishes... i gave him the green tops, and tried with the radishs (they were white icicle radishes) and he ate them all. I tried them, there were not spicy, tasted like the earth in my opinion! LOL

If you dont mind, i'll be checking weekly with new veggies that i'm not sure about!
Thanks !!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi BUUZBEE:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

In my opinion, the fennel, beets (tops too), chard, kale and carrot tops are not too good to offer to your tortoise. If he only gets a little bit its not too bad, but the best thing is for him to eat the grass and weeds in his pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.