feeding schedule??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NV
Hey i was just wanting to know what everyones feeding schedule is like. I know to feed as much as they will eat but on a weekly basis what are the varied foods given each day? This will help me plan my routine for my baby leo. I want to keep it varied enough.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I usually have a mixture of dandelion greens, endive and one other type of green, one from the list. Then I usually have either a bag of spring mix or a container of artisan heads. I mix all of the above when I feed. He has a variety every day in the amount I give him. Plus I have clover growing in his pen. As a hand fed snack, I give him xmax cactus, his fav. I also have some Timothy hay in there for him to eat. I keep trying some Mazuri, but so far he doesn't eat it. I also have tried canned pumpkin as a treat, but he doesn't really like that either. When ever I can get prickly pear, I will give him some of that about once a week as a treat. I have not done the prickly pear cactus pads yet, can't find them around here. I am going to order some soon. I am growing some, but I want to get them bigger before he demolishes them off.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
Everyday he gets all those? (except the treats u explained)..i was thinkin maybe spring mix 2 times a week, mazuri tort food 2 days, zoomed grassland food once and one day for something with vitamin a. Is what im thinking good or should i do like a little of everything PRETTY MUCH everyday? (not counting the treats suppliments and vitamin a of course).

For the past week he has been eating spring mix with many diff kinds if leaves and he absolutely loves the canned organic pumpkin u recommended to me before :) i give it once a week. hasnt eaten the zoomed food but once yesterday. Gonna order mazuri and cactus pads online today. But i know i need to start mixing up his schedule Just extra info :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry:( if i didn't explain good. It is a mixture of three greens a day, the dandelion, endive and what ever the other one i purchased that time was. I have dandelion and endive as a staple, along with the spring mix. Then two or three days i will feed just the spring mix or just the artisan. The Timothy is all the time and so is the clover. I think as long as you are giving a good variety, sounds like you are, then your doing good. Of the right foods of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.