Finally eating Mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Kobe finally ate his Mazuri pellets.

Kinda unfortunate because the only reason he got it was because things have been a little hectic, and I haven't gotten to the store for more greens yet. I just put some in there, so he would have something. Thankfully, either out of hungry desperation or just a change of mind, he decided he likes the stuff and ate every bite. So now, I'm a little relieved that I have a back-up food that I know he'll eat when produce is scarce.

Now...if he'll only start eating the ZooMed grassland pellets, too. (I have plenty of this lying around!)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
How old is he? WalkingRock didn't even know about Mazuri till he was 8 or 9. I had to find some sort of kibble for him to crunch on that didn't belong to the cat or dog! He liked Mazuri so much more that he will ALWAYS turn down dog/cat kibble for a big bowl of Mazuri Kibble! The dog is VERY happy about this!!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Do you have the Mazuri in the large or small kibble? If it's the large (like mine) then you might be better off soaking it down a little and mixing it with other foods, or by itself in a soft state. Once they get a taste for it.... it's ON!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i think it only comes in one size. mine took to it right away, but i think its because they were used to eating dog/cat food. :-(
they come running for it! fine with me.. make it easy. and I feed it dry. less waste and mess.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I feed it dry also.... in fact... WR will not ouch it if its wet! I loss all un-eaten kibble as soon as the sprinkler system comes on!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Yeah, I always thought it comes in one size. However, it does come in 2 different "package" sizes, although the larger one is harder to come by.

Right now, I soak it.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Smaller packages? I get mine in a 25# bag for $32 each. 1 bag will last WR about 2 months or so durring the summer.... it last MUCH longer during the winter!

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Congrats! Just don't rely on it as a food source, I nlmet a guy the other day that ONLY feeds his tortoises Mazuri! Needless to say they all had severe pyramiding. I'm not saying that's you obviously, you sound like you give your torts a good mixed diet. I hope your success continues.
-Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.