flaking shell

Mikki

Location (City and/or State)
Spring Hill, Fl
Oooo okay good! Scared me because it's happening more around his shell
Hi, I know this thread this a few years old, and I specifically searched for a thread in related to this subject and was hoping I would see a photo.. Your photo is showing EXACTLY what my tort is looking like, however, my tort is way worse!. I have asked in some facebook groups and of course there was mixed answers. Now that it's been a few years, can you tell me how your tort looks today and if that line smooths out etc?!. My tort is a little over a year old, Scooter is a Sulcata, and does weighed 4.8 lbs 2 weeks ago. I really want to scrub Scooter to try and get the flaking off etc, but I know that would NOT be good, so I leave it alone, I just soak her and keep her enclosure humid but I am in Florida so Scooter gets lots of Natural Sunshine during the day in her outside area we built for her. Scooter does not stay outside full time yet! Even tho she turned a year beginning of June, and she probably is big enough, I do not want to allow her to be outside full time until she is 2. If you see this, please let me know how your torts shell looks today. Thank you so much for your time..

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Ensure regular soaks and tortoise is hydrated with good balanced diet of fresh green provided all day for grazing along with water. Provide a cuttlefish in the enclosure for calcium to help shell strength. I would rub some coconut oil on the scutes to moisturise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please post a picture so we can give you advice about your worry