flukers dome with exo terra CHE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Elverta, CA (Just outside of Sacramento)
So I went and bought a CHE from the pet expo today and am rather sad to have read on the box that I need an exo-terra wire light fixture. I am using flukers dome currently with the scrolling wheel, and I also have on that has just the on and off button. I did find one article during my searches that stated that the reflective surface wears out the bulbs which is why the wire light fixture is needed. Anyone have any knowledge at all on this? My room gets very cold in the winter when they are inside their winter house and I will need all the heat from this 100W CHE that it can muster. If all else fails I will have to sell it/ return it since I paid $20 per bulb.(One for my bearded dragon and one for the sulcatas)

So after approx 10 minutes of it being on the highest setting I got the temp underneath it to hit 97F but my room temp is only 72 and I can expect it to stay around 60f. The Table is I think fairly insulated it was made out of 2in thick boards for the sides with plywood on the bottom and top with it being 95% covered to keep the warmth and humidity inside.

bholmes88

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Taylor, Tx
I have used a che with the fluckers dome for eight months so far. I believe it has more to do with the size of the dome and having a ceramic fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.