Frog identification.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
So it actually been raining in southern ca. I was at work and saw this frog hopping puddle to puddle. I snapped a picture of it. Can anyone identify it?

Kyle

phebe121

Looks like a African clawed frog there sold in pet stores not a normal frog it stays in water all its life

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
That's what I was thinking. My friend put it in his pond. Hopefully he will do alright

Kyle

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
African clawed frog . Lives in fresh water fish tanks .

phebe121

Ok ill take a pic mine is albino tho and iv had them that color to

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Wow, they get pretty big. Thanks for the photos. Hopefully this little guy can trive and live 20 years! He's living in the pond so I think he can thrive out there pretty well

Kyle

phebe121

Yes he can but they do eat fish they love gold fish ,and there bite doest hurt but there mouth does grip whitey has had my finger in his mouth half way up my finger and it took me 10 min to get him off lol

phebe121

I bet hes so happy to be in deep water again good.job saving him he would have died

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
They are very comical also escape artists top of enclosures must be closed enough so they can't escape will dehydrate if out of water for to long. they were used for pregnancy test years ago and in some states illegal to have cause when released into the wild they have gobbled up native frogs minnows etc. mine love night crawlers. Also can not handle to cold of temperature.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
They are very comical also escape artists top of enclosures must be closed enough so they can't escape will dehydrate if out of water for to long. they were used for pregnancy test years ago and in some states illegal to have cause when released into the wild they have gobbled up native frogs minnows etc. mine love night crawlers. Also can not handle to cold of temperature.

I have him in a pond, def no lid on it. I do have a boarder around the pond. He would have to try and escape and he can easily leave if he wanted. Idk we will see what he ends up doing. Right now he's just been hanging out on the pond, I've seen I'm 2xs since I out him in there

Kyle

phebe121

Iv never had any of mine try to escape and ive had about ten of them but im sure if he was determined to he could but you jist gave him a home with a all you can eat im sure ill be there for a long time lol