Full Grown Sulcata Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_kristyn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if some of you that have full grown Sulcata tortoise could send me pictures of just your tortoise. I am doing a Speech to Inform and decided to do it on the tortoises I have. I figured the speech would be good since the growing trend in buying tortoises! I have to have a power point so I need some pictures... so if you wouldn't mind me placing your torts picture up for my presentation I would greatly appreciate it!!! Give the tortoise name too, so I can place that on their picture! Also if you have weight and length of your tortoise that would be most excellent!

If you would just like to send me an email with photos and info here it is....
[email protected]

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!​

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
THis is the picture I sent to Krysten:

100_0820.jpg

Dudley is more than likely full grown at 20 years of age. He weighs slightly more than 100lbs. While Fat Betty is full grown at about 7" in length.

Yvonne

miss_kristyn

5 Year Member
Texas
Isn't he so handsome???? I love the comparison! Just perfect for my power point! Thank You so so so much Yvonne, you are awesome!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I tried to put Fat Betty closer to Dudley, but she kept "bookin' it!" Also, if I placed her in his sight, he wanted to do the attack turtle thing.

Yvonne

LBSKUNK

5 Year Member
Awe they are both cute! How many inches in lenght and width is Dudley?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He's a couple feet long and a foot and about three quarters wide.

Yvonne

Sunrise

5 Year Member
15 scute Sulcata
DSC00710.JPG

Sapphire 34cm
IMG-6777.JPG

Size Comparison 5.5cm smallest-34cm largest:
DSC01399.JPG

DSC01397.JPG

Comparison large sulcata head vs an egg and 6cm tortoise:
DSC00910.JPG

Comparison the scute vs baby pardalis:
DSC02382.JPG

Sapphire found a big leaf:
DSC00772.JPG

Sunbathing:
DSC02930.JPG

DSC02936.JPG

Sapphire, Durian and Granat:
DSC02807.JPG

Lynn DeVries

5 Year Member
Iowa
Here is a picture of Andre, he is 30" (Straight line carapace) and weighs aprox 200 pounds:)

Attachments

• Andre the Giant.JPG
    Andre the Giant.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 282

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Wow, his face does look like Andre the Giant! How long have you had him?And how old about??
Thanks Na

Lynn DeVries

5 Year Member
Iowa
Hi Nay

Andre and another big boy just came in last week. I am not sure on their history or their ages, but they were very well cared for by the previous owner. They just ended up getting too big, so they came here to live:)
Here is a pic of the other one, I call him Goliath. He is the same size as Andre.

Lynn

Nay said:
Wow, his face does look like Andre the Giant! How long have you had him?And how old about??
Thanks Na

Attachments

• Goliath.jpg
    Goliath.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 211

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Aww quite the pictures to show how big those cute little babies get (although still cute, just a giant cute). Thanks!

Lynn DeVries

5 Year Member
Iowa
Hi Laura

Here is a pic of the sulcata house, I will get some taken of them in the outdoor areas as well. If you have something specific that you would like to discuss, feel free to email me.

Lynn

Laura said:
Lynn, can you show more pics of where they are living and how you have them set up etc.

Attachments

• IMG00559.jpg
    IMG00559.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 195

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now those are really a couple of BIG earth movers!!! (John Deere and Caterpillar!!)

Yvonne

P

pwincess shelly

emysemys said:
Now those are really a couple of BIG earth movers!!! (John Deere and Caterpillar!!)

Yvonne

great pictures! i used to keep sulcatas!

great think this isnt an english site or they would nit pick you on everything!"!! lol!!!

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
man percy is still a baby in my eyes but he is at least 11" now. I bet he is going to get a bit bigger than those guys and fast.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
gives me something to think about when my galileo gets to that size and i truly hope he will and that ill live long enough to see it. i did not know what species he was when he came to live w/ me, he was small and the previous owners didnt know either when they bought him, so we were very unprepared for even the near future when i went online to track down what he was, shocked i was to say the least that something so small would turn out to be a dinosaur sized reptile and that he was under my care from here on out. many times i wished they had picked something from the pet store that was less big, but the nature of a sulcata to breed so well in captivity i see why they cat a sulcata w/ a cute shell and face and not, say a leopard tort. the luck of the draw i guess, what i thought would be 2nd prize turned out to be 1st prize instead, galileo is a gentle man, he never rammed, bit or dug out of his pens which were always unstable at first because i didnt know what i was doing or the true nature of a burrowing animal. learning curve is what someone said, i was at the low end of it. today gali is 27#s, good natured, healthy and always happy to see me, for that matter anyone. when i had a septic problem and they had to dig a huge hole in his yard, i didnt worry too much that he would get in the way or hurt the workers, in fact they liked his company and he made them laugh. thats priceless. of course he always snuck up on them, because he could go where and when whenever he wanted and was usually in the wrong place at the wrong time, but i never left him alone w/ the workers, i was right there ready to move him if i knew he was going to get into tort trouble. big smiles from galileo & speing

Status
Not open for further replies.