Status
Not open for further replies.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
isn't that a sulcata?

I mean I am assuming the guy knows what he's talking about, but that looks like a really fat sulcata to me....

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
It does look like a Galop to me. No spurs on its front legs and they have more girth than a sully.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I still say it is not a galap, IMHO

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
gummybearpoop said:
IT IS a galapagos tortoise.

I was looking at the color of the shell and body.

Aren't galapagos dark in color?

can you share you know it is a galapagos so I can learn?

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
janiedough said:
gummybearpoop said:

Most are dark in color....on the islands and other places that are similar conditions to the islands

I live in AZ and I used to volunteer at a local zoo....worked with 7 galaps and 4 aldabras. Many of the animals had lighter shells and the shell color was similar to a sulcata. Many of them looked darker when wet with a hose, but I think the arizona sun plays a part on their carapaces. It is very dry here. It is dry in some places where they come from, but I am sure the humidity is higher since the islands are surrounded by water.

In addition, my friend contacted the person who is selling the animal. We know the history and hopefully, if the animal is still available in a few months....my friend may get it. :D

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
gummybearpoop said:
janiedough said:
gummybearpoop said:

Most are dark in color....on the islands and other places that are similar conditions to the islands

I live in AZ and I used to volunteer at a local zoo....worked with 7 galaps and 4 aldabras. Many of the animals had lighter shells and the shell color was similar to a sulcata. Many of them looked darker when wet with a hose, but I think the arizona sun plays a part on their carapaces. It is very dry here. It is dry in some places where they come from, but I am sure the humidity is higher since the islands are surrounded by water.

In addition, my friend contacted the person who is selling the animal. We know the history and hopefully, if the animal is still available in a few months....my friend may get it. :D

oh woo hoo!! congrats!

and thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.