Golden Greek tortoise constipated

avasims

Location (City and/or State)
rogers minnesota
Hello, I have a golden greek tortoise of 13 years and she has developed what I think is Metabolic bone disease. I have taken her the the vet several times and she’s a lost cause. My guess is to do symptomatic treatment and then ease in large calcium intake in hopes she recovers. The biggest issue right now, besides excessive shedding, is the constipation. I have tried EVERYTHING!! Car rides, warm soaking, moving her around, fed her aloe, dragon fruit, pumpkin, mineral oil, etc etc etc. I need something that will make her poop today bc she is now starting to gag (this has happened before). Her only way of getting g out the food is through throwing it up and it’s extremely hard to her to keep enduring that. Please please please, some refer me to laxative medication or an enema of some sort!!! Something to make her poop please I’m so so desperate. (this has been going on and off for about a year)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Ae you giving your tortoise daily soaks in warm water? I'm asking as this usually helps. If it does not, make the water a little warmer.

What is temperature back there? Humidity in your tort's enclosure?

Please post pics of your tort and the enclosure. This would enable the experts to help you.

avasims

rogers minnesota
I said yes that I give her daily soaks and I can post the enclosure but I know that this has nothing to do with it as it hasn’t changed for years. All I need is some advice to make my tortoise poop.