Goldie and Shelly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

5 Year Member
Hi All!

Just a few pics of Goldie and Shelly. Its been so far (touch wood) a relatively mild winter...lucky since it was their first winter living outside.

Here is Shelly tearing up the lawn....

And then Goldie after a snack... he likes the concrete more than the lawn (go figure)!

20130212_143856.jpg

Finally, the two back in their pen... enjoying the wonders that is the MVB lamp...

20130212_143856.jpg

Hope everyone is doing good!

Attachments

• Inhouse.jpg
    Inhouse.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20130217_164602.jpg
    20130217_164602.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:

Badger

5 Year Member
Thanks! Goldie is just 2 years old and about three months older than Shelly. Amazingky... Goldie is 18 lbs while Shelly is only 8 lbs...

The white is just bits of lectuce he had just finished....

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
May I know what kind of lettuce she is eating? And what about their size? I'd like to compare with mine.

Badger

5 Year Member
I think its called Indian lettece? Its a leafy green used to feed tortoises in my neck of the woods. I try to vary thier diet as much as possible... so its a mix of supermarket greens, timothy hay, bermuda grass, small amounts of alfafa, dandelion, sow thistle, hisbicus, clover etc. I also give them a bit of mazuri and grassland everyday. Their favorites are cactus pads, dragon fruit, strawberries and blueberries, pumpkins. Though those are given only as treats once every few months.

Haha i am not sure what is the correct way to measurr their length... i think goldie is around 12 to 13 inches and shelly is about 8 measured by the length of the plastron. They basically eat, walk about and sun bath all day. They sleep a lot too! After dinner about 5pm they know their way back to their pen and into their bed baskets. They sleep from 6 till the next morning! What a great life!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
My 2 years is only 6.5 inch :)

Do you plant all those weeds yourself? Looks like they have a wonderful life.

Badger

5 Year Member
Yes we grew the weeds ourselves (not very well).... but its good though... variety and keeps the feeding cost low(er)

Status
Not open for further replies.