Good Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjuchems

5 Year Member
To introduce myself, I am Jason Juchems. I have been keeping herps since I was 8 years old with my first pet turtle. The first herp I ever captive breed was White’s Tree Frogs at age 12. Leopard geckos and others were quickly added after that. Today I primarily keep Gekkonidae, Chelonia, and Amphibia. I have bred and sold more dart frogs than anything else. I keep other animals for classroom pets and other education use. My current Chelonian collection contains Pancakes, Greeks, Russians, Leopard, and Sulcatas along with some aquatic species.

I am a graduate of Bradley University majoring in Elementary Education, concentration in general science, with my middle school endorsement Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies. I have a master’s in School Administration from Saint Xavier University. In college I worked as an intern at Wildlife Prairie State Park in Peoria, IL. I have worked as a Keeper, Naturalist, and landscaping working on invasive plants. I was the 2005 and 2008 president of the Central Illinois Herpetological Society. In 2011 my book Poison Dart Frogs: A Guide to Care and Breeding was published. Anyway, that is me in a nut shell.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Jason!

jjuchems

5 Year Member
Thank you! I am mainly an amphibian and gecko person and breeder but turtles were the first herp I ever kept as a pet and have always been part of my collection.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) Are you still in Illinois? I am in Chicago. There are quite a few Illinois members. Also see you have been quite busy, even at the young age of 12. Good for you, Congrats on it all:)

jjuchems

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome :) Are you still in Illinois? I am in Chicago. There are quite a few Illinois members. Also see you have been quite busy, even at the young age of 12. Good for you, Congrats on it all:)

Yes, I am down state in the Peoria, IL area.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi & welcome & wow, that is quite a history. We love pictures here and I would love you see pics of your reptiles:)

Status
Not open for further replies.