Good growth?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I realized that I haven't posted any pics of my sweet boy Sulafat recently.

I've had him just over 6 months, and later this spring he'll be 3 years old. He was 304 gms when I got him, and he's now 507 gms.

I'm thinking that is maybe a bit slow, but he's healthy and happy! I'm in no hurry for him to grow up.

When I first got him...

20200626_140447.jpg
20200627_140103.jpg

Today...
20210102_172739.jpg
20210102_172922.jpg20210102_172839.jpg

And he doesn't have to sit in his water dish to eat...he likes to!

ErinInCA

CA
I realized that I haven't posted any pics of my sweet boy Sulafat recently.

I've had him just over 6 months, and later this spring he'll be 3 years old. He was 304 gms when I got him, and he's now 507 gms.

I'm thinking that is maybe a bit slow, but he's healthy and happy! I'm in no hurry for him to grow up.

When I first got him...

View attachment 314519
View attachment 314520

Today...
View attachment 314524
View attachment 314522View attachment 314523

And he doesn't have to sit in his water dish to eat...he likes to!
What a cutie!!!

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Beautiful and he looks great! Very similar growth to mine and same age. I’ve kept the humidity at 80+% and still have slight pyramiding. I do use coconut oil or shell conditioner a couple times per month now and he’s smoothing out a bit more. It definitely helps. Thanks for sharing.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Beautiful and he looks great! Very similar growth to mine and same age. I’ve kept the humidity at 80+% and still have slight pyramiding. I do use coconut oil or shell conditioner a couple times per month now and he’s smoothing out a bit more. It definitely helps. Thanks for sharing.

It's a wonder he doesn't dissolve! I keep the humidity >80%, I soak every day, I spritz with distilled water, I wet his food, and I use coconut oil weekly. He had that slight pyramiding when I got him, but hopefully it will come in smooth now.
I think it may help that he never basks...it's mid 80's to mid 90's in his enclosure. He has a basking slate, but I have never seen him use it, not once. He does stretch out under his UVB tube occasionally.

I'm glad to hear yours and mine are about the same...that's as good a gauge as any!

Thanks for responding!