greek id 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago subs
I my search for other turkish greeks, (T.g.i). I have come across, as advertised -"Atlas Mountain Greek Tortoise, Testudo greaca ibera"-. Now the Atlas Mountains are in africa. T.g.i are generally from Turkey. How can this be? Can any one help in this matter?
Thanks Stan

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Do they have pictures? Then Danny might be able to tell you where they are "really" from.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They are T.g.ibera and absolutely not from anywhere near the Atlas mountains :p They are most likely of Turkish origin.

Danny

speedy

5 Year Member
Chicago subs
I tried to copy the image but they come out way to grainy to be any good. I tried to paste a photo to show what I mean, but I guess I have to learn how to add the photo in the reply section. If it worked see the attached.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Is the photo from the guys ad? If the seller is who I assume it is, he has been advertising "Atlas Mountain" Greeks for a couple of years now. I contacted him a while back and asked how he knew where the parents were from and his reply was: "That's what the breeder told me". I suspect it's more likely that he simply made it up with the hopes of getting people to believe that he is selling something unique. All of those that I have seen him advertising as "Atlas Mountain" Greeks were in fact Ibera Greeks (Testudo "gracea" ibera) not found anywhere near the Atlas Mountains in North Africa and in fact not even on the African continent at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.